Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Driving Weekend

Lots of driving happened this weekend but not by me.
Having driving children means my car is always in demand.
Yesterday I was lucky enough to be a passenger and navigator for Judy from A Very Fine House. We drove down the coast to Treehouse Textiles in Merricks North.
We met up with Cathy from Cabbage Quilts and Deb from Dee-Zone to explore the goodies they sell at Treehouse, have a chat with Emma who runs this beautiful enterprise, and exclaim over the idyllic workspace they have there, overlooking the lake, whilst teaching crochet, stitching and patchwork.
Lucky for us it didn't rain because I believe the little lake can flood right over the road.
Another drive (following Deb) to the Bay side of the Peninsula found us in Somers where we had a yummy lunch and then a quick visit to Cathy's. It's always a wonder and inspiration seeing what Cathy is making and she was so patient when we practically opened every quilt she had and asked a million questions. Thanks Cathy.
We took the scenic beach road home and then, being all inspired, I was able to get a few hours of stitching in as I watched my recording of Pride and Prejudice from the other night.
It was  a lovely day out.
Today was another passenger day.
My friend from school picked me up and we went to the Collingwood Children's Farm and met another teacher and his family. Anyone with kids will love this inner city haven when they can get up close and friendly with farm animals right by the Yarra River.
Next door the market was on at the Abbotsford Convent.
Lunch 
Need I say more?
As for stitching, the last 2 weeks has been mostly about pinning and basting.
I can't believe I go back to work tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. It seems you had a lovely outing yesterday. And I understand how you feel about your car! It's the same here ;). Good luck with starting school tomorrow. It's strange how fast holidays pass, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled you and Judy drove down this way on Saturday, so wonderful as always catching up with you. Hey I love that iron decoration behind all the gorgeous looking bread loaves. A fancy quilting design perhaps? And your fairytale quilt is looking fabulous. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, I'm sure all your kids will love to see you again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect weekend to finish your holidays!
    I hope you soon get to quilt that gorgeous quilt you have been pinning and basting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend. Hope you had a good working week too and are enjoyed the sunshine we had today.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.