Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stars and Stripes

It was a good weekend for the sewing machine. Two more stars have been made.


One more to go! 
It's actually nearly finished but my friend Rivka came over on Sunday with another quilt to make. She had been planning for months to make her brother a quilt but apart from buying the fabric it just never got off the ground. 
We spent a happy Sunday afternoon cutting, ironing and sewing up these stripy squares. I just kept going, even after she went home and used up as much of the fabric as I could. The best bit was that I didn't pin a thing until I put the final squares together. Rivka will have to put a border on it to get the size a bit bigger. It will be sent to the quilter and hopefully I will get to see it again to add the binding. 

3 comments:

  1. Rivka is lucky to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stars! I think this design will be awesome when you have it all put together!

    This quilt your friend did is great! It is very manly so I bet her brother will love it!

    It must be great to have a quilting friend come over to create for a day! Fun times.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.