Sunday, May 16, 2010

Old Shirts

Cleaning cupboards has never been so satisfying. Shirts that have not been worn for years now have finally bitten the dust, but not completely. They have been de buttoned and stripped of seams and now I have lots of lovely scraps of cotton to make something out of. There are still more from where these came from but its a hard thing to do. We become so attached to stuff that we really don't need. Its so much easier cutting up someone else's memories and things than doing the same to your own possessions. Besides, my cutting hand is killing me. Anyway I have to clean up as a friend is coming over to sew with me. She wants to make 3 quilts in a very short time and I think I may be part of the process to help get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.