Saturday, November 22, 2014

Even Distance Didn't make the Heart Grow Fonder

I was full of love for my fabric when I embarked on this project. 
I still love the fabric but I am not so fond of the outcome.
It all began in August

It grew


And grew

 But I wasn't happy.
The definition was lost.
It was chaos.
So I decided to add a few borders
And even at a distance, I can't say that I have grown any fonder of it.

In between all that, I made a cute little baby wrap which has a lovely flannel backing.

I love this!
I have some blue flannel that I will use to make another one.
You never know when someone is going to have a baby.

And this is the beginnings of a pillow.
It's going to be an end of year gift for one of my colleagues



What are you all making for end of year presents?
It is so hard to keep thinking of new things when you have been working in the same place for a long time.

4 comments:

  1. I like the catchy title of this blog post! Funny enough I really like the loss of definition in your quilt, especially in that photo on the grass without the border. Do you think a "calmer" border would do the trick? The baby quilt is cute and your pillow looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your border scheme did the trick! I see plenty of definition with the dark horizontal and vertical lines, making a lattice of entertaining stars. Love your baby wrap and pillow layout too. I always enjoy your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your AnnaMaria Horner quilt is busy and beautiful. I am currently working on one, using only her line, and it's difficult to showcase the lovely fabrics together! I love your outer border the best! I am beginning to think that her designs work better alone! Each one is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt from a distance! The borders really help it avoid looking chaotic!

    The pillow with triangles in lovely! Funny, I have been doing a few pillows for gifts too!

    How about some mug rugs? and some tea bags and biscotti?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.