Sunday, January 25, 2015

I Have Succumbed to the Instant Gratification of Instagram

I have had 5 whole weeks of school holidays. 
5 weeks to knit and sew.
5 weeks to write.
5 weeks to enjoy the after xmas shopping bargains, galleries, shows and lots of lovely long walks.
5 weeks to do pretty much what I liked, alone, with family and friends.
So that's what I did, save for the write bit!

The discipline of actually writing about what I'm making is gone. I loved reading blogs and writing about all my little finishes but they take time. I loved having a record for myself of ideas and creations. I could look back on my detailed stories and it was really useful. I have a terrible memory so blogging was a great way to keep track of things.
So what has gone wrong for me?
Firstly, I have been studying this year so I am writing essays rather than sharing my news. Secondly the typing gives me RSI. If I type, I can't sew. I chose to sew. I could do about 20 minutes of either a day and the sewing won. When my essays were due, I made nothing. Add school reports into the mix and it got even worse.
So I've switched to Instagram. It's a quick fix. I can keep track of some of my friends' doings, share my moments and get a little inspiration.
The trouble is, I can't keep a record of what I make with the same detail. Blogging is such a fabulous diary. So I will occasionally visit and share with you but I am not sure I can completely come back to it. 
Instagram is just so aaaaah........instant!
I can see, make or experience something and instantly share it. With this world of instant gratification that Instagram gives me, I am torn.


You see, I have been sewing a little!

6 comments:

  1. Please don't give up blogging completely. Although I agree with you that IG is fun, but I don't think it compares with proper blogging. Beautiful sewing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love reading your blog, even if it is short! I don't do Instagram as I want to have some time left to sew!

    This quilt is beautiful! It looks very vintage! The medallion block is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The question is - how do we find you on Instagram? I am there too. I agree - it is fabulous. Nice nice block/quilt! Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I find you on Instagram? I just started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see, make or experience something and instantly share it. With this world of instant gratification that Instagram gives me, I am torn.
    web design canada ,
    wordpress developer vancouver ,

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.