Friday, October 17, 2014

A Little Bit of Colour and Quilts in the Barn

Blogging has fallen by the wayside as work and study commitments have taken over my precious free time. Today was a bonus. School was closed and the sun was shining. Washing, cooking and with most of my final essay complete, I pulled out the sewing machine. Projects and ideas that had been lying around were picked up, pinned and stitched together so here they are. They aren't much and there is more to do, but at least they are seeing the light of day.


 This will need some sort of border.
It's made with lots of scraps left over from other quilts.
It hasn't worked out quite as I had hoped.

I bought some beautiful flannel that I will back this with.
No wadding. 
It will make a very cuddly baby wrap.

I went to Quilts in the Barn and as usual it was fantastic.










Each and every piece was a work of art.
I've been quite taken with all these chintzy fabrics.
I think my next piece may follow suit.

9 comments:

  1. I love your scrappy projects. So much fun to get them out and think about them again. Thanks for showing the beautiful quilts from the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see your post! I was starting to worry about you! If we lived closer, I would have called to check on you!

    I marvel at your ideas! They are always so colorful! The quilt pictures you took are lovely!

    We have had a really busy summer so I haven't been posting much either! I am on the brink of a big finish-an appliqué quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous quilts were on show in the Quilts in the Barn. But your quilt is looking equally lovely and so colourful. You are marvelous; having a full time job, studying and still finding time to be creative. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a post from you! Your scrappy quilt is fun. Great quilt show - thanks for showing the photos! Even when our lives get so busy, we quilters never tire of seeing quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They aren't much and there is more to do, but at least they are seeing the light of day.
    factory sewing ,
    usa sewing factory ,

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.