Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pleased but not Perfect

Today was not all that productive even though I had a whole day unplanned. First I cooked tomorrow night's dinner, then there was a walk with a friend, followed by a coffee with a work colleague. She is expecting her first child today, but we made it through the coffee without any surprises. So, most of the day just seemed to run away. I think winter can make days disappear. Summer is wonderful with all the daylight. You feel like you have so much time. I guess I should be pleased that I finally threw out my old yucky oven mitts and replaced them with these. They were fiddly to make with all the layers but will be worth the effort I think. There are a few rough bits with my stitching but so long as I don't get burned, they will do. I use oven gloves all the time.
Its 5pm and the sky is darkening. I'm really over this weather!

3 comments:

  1. Nice pot holders. That's something I have on my to do list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy day! Love your oven mitts.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.