Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Can Get Obsessive at Times

Sometimes, I just can't stop at one.
After making the first little singlet, I made 5 more.
Lucky I did!
Last night, to add to my latest great niece, Summer, is our new baby great niece Capri.
We met her after she had only been in the world for 4 hours!
3 singlets for her and 2 more for Summer.

The photos were a bit rushed, a bit like her birth.

In the mean time.......
I finally completed a couple of baby quilts for an order from a friend.
She has them professionally quilted and they took ages to get back to me to add the binding.  Together we designed and cut and I sewed.
I think this one went to New Zealand on the weekend.
And this one is waiting on a name to be added to it.

The backing was made from a soft synthetic plush.
I really liked the squares and their black and white borders but I wasn't crazy about the orange borders. They are very bright and happy though.
Lucky babies and Mums to have such a lovely and generous friend and lucky me to have been involved in the process.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous singlets and congrats on another niece. Aren't babies incredible when they are so brand new?!! Great quilts too, I love the orange borders and the black and white really make the colours dance. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finishes and on your new niece too. What a happy day when a baby is born:).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.