Sunday, December 11, 2011

End of Year Prezzies

School is over for the kids and I just have 3 official days left. These days have been filled for me with a Math's professional development day with my favourite guru Michael Ymer,  an anaphylaxis course and a full day first aid course. I am not sure when they expect me to clean out the classroom so I guess I will be working for a few extra days but it's all good because in my head I am already on holiday.
I made a few end of year presents for my co workers. We are not big on giving presents at school as we would have to buy so many but as I already had a few bits and pieces made, I thought I would.
I decorated t-towels with hexies.

Put together some little Pocket Purses made from scrappy strips.

The fabulous fasteners come from Nikki at You Sew Girl .
They are really easy to put in and super strong.
Lastly I made some Xmas decorations for our amazing secretary who works for a dragon (almost) and still finds a way to do everything and have a smile on her face.
She said her tree was going to be blue and silver this year. Apparently she changes the theme every year.
Today is Sunday but that did not stop my special order from Japan arriving this morning.
It's called All my thanks and Love to Quilts by Goke Keiko.
I first saw this book at Cathy's house and just had to get my own copy.
I know it's all in Japanese but the pictures are brilliant and I do have the advantage of having a son who speaks and reads Japanese but the book seems to be mainly photos.


My camera is not the best to show off these amazing quilts. They are embroidered and quilted and totally wild. I will try to borrow my son's camera to give you some better shots.
Lastly I have been experimenting with some shot cottons. I am building on all of these blocks and will rearrange them a 1000 times but I am enjoying this new project.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! Such lovely gifts. I'm sure your coworkers will be delighted to receive them. Simple for you, yet delightful for them. Thank you for posting about this book. I wasn't aware of it. It's going straight to my Christmas wish list! And you shot cotton project looks great. I'll look forward to seeing your progress. Happy end of the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You are on holiday! I am so jealous! The gifts are all beautiful!

    That book is incredible! You need your son to check out your block arrangement. He is really very good at quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever are you!! Liking that new quilt. Hope you get to enjoy some relaxing time away from school with that gorgeous book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute gifts for your coworkers (I'm a teacher too, but taking a leave of absence this year to be in Japan - so the book caught my eye as well!). Love the shot cottons! That's going to be a really pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.