Saturday, December 3, 2011

Disappearing Nine Patch

I think I just wanted a quick fix when I put this together because this design is so easy to make but in the end I was disappointed with the finish. I cut really big squares and made 5 giant 9 patches from some fat quarters I had bought earlier.
I then chopped them all in quarters and sewed them up again after rearranging the new squares.
I am working on so many long term projects at the moment, I haven't had the satisfaction of finishing anything.
One week to go and school for my students finish and then another week of cleaning, a first aid refresher and more cleaning and I am free for 6 whole weeks. Ah the wonder of it all. 

5 comments:

  1. Your quick fix is quite pretty and will be for years to come. Great choice of fabrics!
    I wonder what will you do with all that free time?
    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love disappearing ninepach quilts. So fast, and one never quite knows how it turns out. I can well imagine that you look forward to your break! You, like any other teacher, have surely earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt. I haven't ever tried a disappearing nine patch. I know what you mean by needing a quick fix while working on long term projects.

    Lucky you! Summer vacation-we are approaching the heart of winter.

    I bet you won't have any trouble finding things to do! Are you planning a big trip again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful! I love how the black makes my eyes hop around this quilt. Sometimes simple is the best. Best wishes finishing up before vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good - I haven't tried it before - I might just have to put it on the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.